Ford End Foodie
Smoked brie and thyme in figs.
The very popular Ford End Foodie will next be at the Ford End Village Hall on Saturday 21 September 2013. Put it in your diary and come early to avoid missing out on the fantastic foods available!
Last time, although I was too late for most of the fresh vegetables, I was excited to buy all of these locally produced products:
- cinnamon chocolate
- saltmarsh honey
- smoked brie (which I later used melted on fresh figs wrapped in parma ham and with a sprinkle of thyme on top–delicious!)
- mulberry jelly–delicious on toast or with meats
- two prepared partridges for our Saturday night meal (the mulberry jelly worked perfectly wth the birds)
Next time I’ll be going with a list–I realised this is a perfect place to put together a birthday hamper for one of my foodie friends!
For more information please call Kerry 01245 237034, Katy 01245 237444 or Sandra 01245 237555.
Don’t miss future Ford End Foodies!
Ford End Foodie dates for your diary:
Saturday 21 September 2013
Saturday 14 December 2012
The usual businesses at the Foodie:
- Rocket and Rhubarb (fruit and veg – they also sell the chips made at Hill Farm)
- Katy’s Kitchen (everything from cakes to soups)
- Bullocky Smokery (smoked fish, hams, cheeses)
- Great Garnetts (pork and bacon)
- Forrest Foods (continental sausages and meats)
- The Chocolate Truffle Co (chocolates)
- Cock Green Preserves (jams, chutneys)
- The Three Elms PH (homemade pork pies, scotch eggs, pork crackling – on occasion he will also be selling some of his ales and ciders)
- Local honey
- Artisan bread