Information, discussion and news
This site is run by Ford End residents for Ford End residents.
If you would like to leave a comment on any of the articles on this site, please do! All comments are moderated so your comment will not appear immediately.
If you would like to submit something for this site, please read this first:
1. Items that can be submitted include:
2. If you are submitting copy, please do not submit copy of more than 700 words.
3. By submitting copy you are agreeing to submit to editorial control by the site’s administrators and acknowledge that submission does not guarantee publication.
4. If you are submitting any photos please also include the name of the photographer and make sure you have permission to use the photo.
5. One post per day maximum will be published.
6. If you would like your email to be published please note that it will be typed without the @ sign in order to protect you from internet spammers (see email address in point 7 as an example).
7. Send all submissions to editor (AT) fordendessex (DOT) com
I have a copy of “ Ford End the story of an Essex village” 1968.
Would like to send it to the local vicar. Could you give me the name and address. Thanks.
We inherited this little book and thought it too important not to pass on.
That’s very kind of you. I have the same little book, as well as the earlier first edition, written 10 years earlier. It’s interesting comparing the two.
We are currently interregnum awaiting a new vicar, but I’ll find out if the church warden would like a copy for the church. I’ll try to contact you by email with their name and address, if that’s ok.